Volume 7, Issue 26
January 1, 2018
Safety. Security. Trust
The foundation on which we do business. At Feldbruegge Insurance we strive to build long-term relationships with our clients, by providing high-quality service at an affordable price.
It is our goal to obtain a thorough understanding of your insurance needs in order to create a customized policy with reliable coverage.
Are you looking for a higher rate of return?Our annuity rates range from 1.45%-1.85% guaranteed.*
Schedule an appointment today!
*rates are subject to change
What Is A Fire Department Service Charge?
Fire Department service charge coverage in a homeowner’s or farmowner’s insurance policy covers charges imposed by a fire department for their services in fighting a fire, usually subject to a separate limit of insurance. Currently the base limit is $500 on many farm and homeowners policies.
This charge could vary from fire to fire, depending on the time spent to control the fire.
If heavy equipment is used, such as a backhoe or bulldozer, that charge may be passed on to you the property owner.
Can I purchase Higher Limits?
Yes, you can. A Fire Department Service Charge Endorsement allows for higher limits or charges in excess of the basic amount provided by your policy.
It’s an inexpensive peace of mind coverage to raise your current limit, and is usually based on a rate per $100 of coverage.
What do Fire Departments Charge?
Recently, many area fire departments have raised their rate from $500 to $1,000 to respond to a fire. If more than one department responds, you may be liable for more than one charge. Not to mention the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) response to a rural fire with their heavy equipment.
What’s The Bottom Line
Be wise, check with your township to see what they will charge you and then call us to see what it will cost you to increase that limit. Remember, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Let us help you weigh your options.
If you do not know your fire department coverage limit on your insurance policy, we will be happy to assist you.
Call (715) 223-6566
Or reach out to us through our website
Surviving Cold Weather
Much of the country periodically experiences severe and sustained cold weather, with snowfalls interspersed with periods of melting and freezing. This can inflict considerable damage on your home.
Here are some tips and steps that you can take to make insurance losses less likely during extended severe weather.
- Keep sidewalks and entrances to your home free from snow and ice.
- Watch for ice dams near gutter downspouts. Keep gutters free of leaves and debris so melting snow and ice can flow freely. Because ice dams can cause water to build up and seep into your house.
- Know where the main water shutoff is located in your home. Find out how it works in case you have to use it.
- If ice forms on tree limbs, watch for dead, damaged or dangerous branches that could break and fall. Because the weight of ice, snow, or the wind could damage your house, car or injure someone walking near your property.
- If your garage is attached to your house, keep the garage doors closed. The door leading to your house is probably not as well-insulated as your exterior door.
- If you use a fireplace wood stove, or an electric heater, watch them closely and make sure they are in proper working order.
- Also, if you have a fireplace, remember to close the flue when you’re not using it
- If you plan to be away for an extended period of time, drain your water system in order to keep your pipes from freezing or bursting.
Let Us Know …
Would you like to receive your newsletter by email? If so, please call us, (715) 223-6566 or email us at email@example.com to verify your current email address.
Enter Our Quarterly Drawing
And Win $$$
For each new client you refer to us, your name will be entered in our quarterly drawing.
Three names will be picked each quarter. Each winner will receive a
$30 Abby-Colby Chamber gift certificate.
To be entered in the contest, make sure the person you refer to us mentions your name.
Congratulations To Our WINNERS!
Please call me if you would like an insurance review of your current policies.